According to the most recent report by the World Bank, climate change is becoming a major challenge for many countries across the globe. The World Bank has warned within the study that because of changes in climate over the next 30 years around 200 million people could move. In other words, they could be forced to leave their home location. In such a scenario new hotspots for migrants could be established in various areas of the world.
India is working from a local level to tackle global challenges such as Climate Change. Its Government of India has made its plan clear about this. The Union Environment Minister spoke about the issue in detail on Monday. He stated his position that climate change was the largest worldwide challenge and that India is determined to tackle the issue. We can tell the world that in April PM Modi as well as US Vice President Joe Biden launched the India-US Climate and Clean Energy Agenda 2030 Partnership during the Summit on Environment.
The alliance of India with America
The launch of the Climate Action and Financial Mobilization Dialogue (CAFMD) in the context of the Indo-US Environment Clean Energy Agenda 2030 The Union Minister of Environment said that India is working on the fight against climate change as well as reduce carbon emissions. . It was reported that the US Environmental Special Envoy of President John F. Kerry and the Environment Minister Yadav officially began the discussion at the event held in Delhi.
Yadav stated that the alliance with India as well as America will help in stopping environmental damage. Yadav stated, “This dialogue under the Agenda-2030 Partnership, starting today, will provide an opportunity to both countries to enhance cooperation on climate change while highlighting the financing aspects.” Minister Yadav said it is true that India is already an international green. It is a desirable place to invest.
America acknowledges that India’s leadership is essential
John F. Kerry, the US President’s statement reads “India’s leadership is essential for our clean energy future. I look forward to taking forward climate-related discussions in New Delhi this week.”
“I am confident that this dialogue will not only strengthen India-US bilateral cooperation on the environment but will also help to demonstrate how the world is inclusive and resilient, taking into account national circumstances and sustainable development priorities,” the minister of environment stated. Can make rapid progress in economic growth.
Investment in the ever-changing area of the energy sector is essential
In a call for action immediately to combat warming temperatures, Kerry said early action is necessary to prevent catastrophic consequences. “Floods, forest fires, record-breaking rains are happening everywhere and to maintain the 1.5 degrees limit on warming temperatures and avoid more disastrous consequences, we must do more,” Kerry said. ‘
“India and the US are natural partners with shared values and our agenda covers all key aspects of our strategic priorities, including defense, security, energy, technology, education, and health care,” the minister of the environment said.
Kerry stated that it is a great moment for investors to take advantage of the evolving energy sector. At the time of the event, Kerry lauded PM Narendra Modi for establishing an ambitious goal of achieving the 450 GW renewable energy goals in 2030.
Global warning’s risky impacts
1. The earth is rapidly warming. Based on the study the earth’s temperature will rise in the range of 1.5 degrees Celsius in 2030. That’s 10 years earlier than previous estimations. This is the greatest risk.
2. Sea level rising quickly. Between 1901 to 1971, it averaged 1.3 millimeters per year. It grew to 3.7 millimeters per year between 2006 and the year 2018. 1901 between 1901 and 2018 the global level of water has increased by 0.15 up to 0.25 meters.
3. Based on the study the frequency of heatwaves i.e. heatwave, and the duration of it has increased significantly compared to prior. Since 1950, the majority of the world are experiencing hot temperatures every year. However, temperatures that are colder getting less and less frequent.
4. Changes in the climate caused by human activity is the major factor cause on global temperature. If it isn’t controlled in the shortest time possible, it will be difficult to compensate again for the damage.
5. Cities are now the latest spots of global warming. Because of a shortage of plants and water, the heat trap has been created from this.
6. Instances of extreme intense heat, devastating rain, or droughts that took place within the first 10 to 50 years are being reported within a short period. Because of this huge loss of lives and property, a financial crisis is now being observed.
7. The severity of extreme weather events has intensified. In the last few days, the emergence from two natural disasters are occurring at the same time. The drought and heat waves are simultaneously causing havoc.
8. Climate change experts claim that it’s difficult to pinpoint the exact reason behind unexpected natural disasters or global warming phenomena; however, the effects and severity of human activities are being assessed more accurately, so that the potential of major disasters can be assessed in the course of the time.
9. In the study climate change and the quality of life are linked to one another. The solution to a problem will automatically raise the standard of living as well as economic growth.
10. Global warming could be slowed at the end of this century however it will require significant cuts in emissions of carbon. Activities that encourage the release of greenhouse gases, as well as fossil fuels (petrol-diesel and other sources), need to be halted immediately.